Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:

For me it won't make much of a difference. Varanasi is still Banaras for me, Bangalore sounds better than Bengaluru to me Mumbai is still Bombay and  I can't remember the spelling of Thiruvananthapuram,  so I feel better calling it Trivendrum. Same will be the case with Allahabad where I stayed for 5 years during my college day

I too feel the same ...I still refer to Chennai as Madras and we from Mangalore wanted it to be changed to Kudla which is what it was called centuries ago rather than be called Mangaluru . But for politicians sitting in Delhi and Bangalore , totally unaware of the local sentiments , what matters is glory for themselves and their names associated with change , local sentiments be damned !

When local resident of city or town wants another name than what is problem with politicians sitting is Delhi and Bangalore.

They just wish to be part of anything that draws attention ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
anil wrote:
suni51 wrote:

In fact Prayag is an adjacent town like Kashi near Varanasi so  both names are already in use here. There was also a move to change the name of Varanasi to Kashi but it backfired.  Beside the government will have to change names of all cities of UP if we go by this formula. All the cities in UP had a different name baring a few before Islamic era.

Name of city of village must be changed only for valid region. I think it is not good practice to change name which are named by Muslim ruler.  Islamic era is also history of India. Some time people have attachment with old name than name may be changed. Some time name is much odd. Here in my area name of one village is Kaminpura. It is odd name, it must be changed.

Islamic era is indeed a part of our history but it is not history that we can be proud of at all. So I think changing those names is a good practice, all the Islamic conquerors for whom the cities have been named were without exception, tyrants and took pleasure in destroying temples, committing sacrilege of Indian dieties, raping Hindu women and children and then, as a mark of their presence , changing the name of their places to their own. We do not need a reminder of that bloody and shameful past. We need our original, meaningful Hindu names so our children can be proud of our roots and to some extent, we can put a stop to growing Islamization that we now see in everything. Changing name of cities is nothing to be ashamed of or even something that is looked at as being unnecessary. It is not, it is necessary to assert our country as a Hindu state, the threat of so-called secularism can only be checked when India is declared a Hindu state, because being secular only means being tolerant to Christians and Muslims while persecuting Hindus.

I respect and support yours@ Kalyani sentiments. India is a country where follower of Islam is living in large number. Changing of name may cause of serious problem. Many Hindus, red flag holders and so called secular of our country is not in favor of Hindutav. I think you will not forgotten what happen when name of road in Delhi change from Auranzeb road to Dr. Kalam road.

usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:

For me it won't make much of a difference. Varanasi is still Banaras for me, Bangalore sounds better than Bengaluru to me Mumbai is still Bombay and  I can't remember the spelling of Thiruvananthapuram,  so I feel better calling it Trivendrum. Same will be the case with Allahabad where I stayed for 5 years during my college day

I too feel the same ...I still refer to Chennai as Madras and we from Mangalore wanted it to be changed to Kudla which is what it was called centuries ago rather than be called Mangaluru . But for politicians sitting in Delhi and Bangalore , totally unaware of the local sentiments , what matters is glory for themselves and their names associated with change , local sentiments be damned !

When local resident of city or town wants another name than what is problem with politicians sitting is Delhi and Bangalore.

They just wish to be part of anything that draws attention ...

These politicians are edict of opposing each and every thing and habitual of living in light any how. 

I think that changing names of any place or city or state is not of much significance. It doesn't affect the lives of the residents in any way and should not be on top priority in any government list for implementing policies. Recently name of West Bengal is also being proposed to be changed to "Bangla". I don't feel that these government decisions are of any worth in India.

Subhro Kanti Ghosh.

Subhro Kanti Ghosh. wrote:

I think that changing names of any place or city or state is not of much significance. It doesn't affect the lives of the residents in any way and should not be on top priority in any government list for implementing policies. Recently name of West Bengal is also being proposed to be changed to "Bangla". I don't feel that these government decisions are of any worth in India.

Some benefits are above than physical benefits, it is right that peoples life will not improve with change of name, but it will give some type of emotional satisfaction. 

Finally a bold and meaningful reply. I wish everyone could have such maturity of thought.

It is not the time to go back and correct history. That does brings about some emotional satisfaction But the main call of the time is development and make a history that coming generations can be proud of.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

It is not the time to go back and correct history. That does brings about some emotional satisfaction But the main call of the time is development and make a history that coming generations can be proud of.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.